Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am so lucky...

My oldest daughter Megan moved back home from college to go to the local college for the next semester. She has just started working as a waitress for the first time. She says it is the hardest job ever. Things that she tells me give me a whole new respect for people who can do that job. I don't think I could carry the huge trays without spilling food on someone! She also has to memorize the ENTIRE menu! I never realized that waiters and waitresses had to know the menu by heart. She was excited because they had to try everything on the menu. That was a fun perk!! It has been so nice to have her home again! I didn't realize just how much I had missed sitting down and talking with her at the end of every day. I am so lucky to have a relationship like that with any child of mine...much less my 19 year old!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I can so see MEC being excited about trying all the food.. cute!