Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dad

Yesterday Dad was out feeding the mules and one of them kicked him in the chest. Luckily he had his cell phone with him. He called and the ambulance came and took him to the hospital. He has 2 broken ribs now to go along with his back injury. He's just in great shape!! He was just starting to feel like being up and around all day after his back surgery and now this! Poor Dad....he has the worst luck. I'm just glad it didn't kick him in the back....can't imagine what that would've done. My first thought would've been that the mule had to go and he just said that he (mule) was just being frisky and playing. He's a lot nicer about it than I think I'd be if I had 2 broken ribs. But I guess if you have animals you always take the chance of something like that happening. I'm just glad he's ok. So much for him and Mom's Valentine's Day. I guess she got a trip to the hospital. :( Last night when I called...he was up cooking dinner for her. I thought that was really sweet considering his condition.

No comments: