Tuesday, December 02, 2008

earthquake

We had an earthquake in Oklahoma City last night. We felt it at my house around 8:30 pm. It sounded like something hit the back of the house and then the whole house vibrated enough to shake the beds and couch. It was very strange. Matthew and I went outside to see what was going on and we couldn't figure it out. This morning on the radio they were talking about the earthquake. Apparently the starting point was in North OKC. The side of my house that sounded like something hit it was the north side. Weird. It was a 2.5 I think...can't imagine what a huge one would be like...very scary I'm sure.

Let's see...what else...we survived the one year anniversary of Megan's death. Started creating a memory garden for her that day. It is at Mom and Dad's house. It is beautiful. We planted a rosebud tree, dogwood tree, tulip bulbs, pansies, 2 different hydranga plants (sp?) and a few other things. It will be so pretty in Spring when everything is blooming. Megan would love it!

Thanksgiving was okay I guess. Felt very strange. Shannon came home so it was good to see her. Haven't seen her since August 14th. Taryn has been very clingy since Shannon went home. It's driving me crazy a bit....I'm trying to be patient.

We have our Christmas tree up and it looks pretty. Nat and I went shopping Friday morning (4am) and I bought a new coat but no Christmas presents.

Oh---getting my tattoo Saturday afternoon. Can't wait!!

I've got breakfast in the crockpot. It will be ready at 7 in the morning. The kids won't know what to do having a hot breakfast. I'm feeling very productive getting that done. Go me!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! You are benig very productive! Last night I prepared breakfast and put it in the fridge. This morning all I had to do was stick it in the oven. But I haven't been as productive tonight. I have been working on our Christmas cards for hours. Dial up is SO SLOW.
Love you lots!!

Natalie said...

I've not made breakfast in ages. Well, that's not true. Weeks. :)

I'm not productive tonight. I have watched Biggest Loser and that's it.

I cannot believe we didn't feel the earthquake here... I guess it stopped before getting this far.

Love you!