Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Family update...

Just a quick update on the kids...Megan is still working at Tia's and really likes it. She is more than ready for the summer and no school! She is still my sweet little Megan (most of the time..lol). Oh yeah, she wants to start going by her middle name...Elizabeth. I just can't seem to make myself call her that. It feels completely unnatural.

Shannon was going to be in the one act play for UIL contest at school. We were excited about that and then.....report cards :0 She failed algebra. So, needless to say, she didn't get to be in the play. She was so upset. Her next play is Sleeping Beauty. Can't wait to see her in that. I am really proud of the young woman she has become. She is really good on stage. She has come a long way from being quiet, shy little Shannon.

Matthew just finished up his first high school soccer season. They lost their last game by one point. He was bummed about that. He played really well. Now they are running and "conditioning" in class. He is coming home very tired and sore.

Madeline is learning to play basketball with our new basketball goal. She really likes that so maybe that will be her sport.

Taryn is busy being a horse or dog most of the day. She just goes nonstop all day long. Some days it's hard to keep up. Thank goodness she still takes a nap! She is really into horses right now as you can tell from her bday party pics. It is so funny to see her imagination working like it does. My baby is really growing up so fast! There are some days that I miss her being small enough to sleep on my shoulder or on my chest. I miss that snuggling....and then I remember the yucky diapers and am grateful we are done with those!

Sean is still in Okla. during the week. I really miss him. It's strange to be here by myself with the kids all week. He gave me the new basketball goal for my birthday. I thought it was so sweet for him to think of it. I had been saying that I wanted one to play with the kids on for a while now. The last time I was in Okla. I played basketball with my nieces and nephews. Sean said that as soon as he saw how much fun I was having, he decided to get me one. I love thoughtful gifts like that!

No comments: